The AA-T in Economics for Transfer provides a broad exposure to the field of economics. Students will learn about the factors that determine the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services. They will come to understand the behavior and interactions of economic agents and how economies work. This major prepares student to transfer to a California State University, where a baccalaureate degree may be earned in Economics or a closely related field.
The following is required for the AA-T in Economics for Transfer degree:
- 60 semester or 90 quarter CSU-transferable units;
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education-Breadth Requirements;
- Minimum of 18 semester or 27 quarter units in the major or area of emphasis;
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0;
- A grade of “C” or higher or “Pass” in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Use economic models to predict changes in societal outcomes based on changes in economic variables.
- Identify and apply economic principles to personal-life decisions.
Associate in Arts for Transfer Degree Requirements
|ECON-120||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ECON-121||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|MATH-178||Calculus for Business, Social and Behavioral Sciences||4-5|
|or MATH-180||Analytic Geometry and Calculus I|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|Principles of Information Systems|
|Select 1-2 of the following:||3-4|
Any List A course not used
|Units in the Major||21-23|
|9-12/9 Double-Counted Units|
|Plus General Education Requirements (CSU GE or IGETC-CSU)||39/37|